Sunday 9 October 2011

Drifting away

I've stayed away from the evil drink for just over sixteen weeks now and I must admit that the feelings of pride and pleasure that I would normally experience, having been off the drink for so long are drifting away. Perhaps there is a little boredom involved as it is no longer a problem - or so it seems, is that really part of the trap?

At least I am aware that when you have a problem with alcohol, you have to remain on your toes, it's just too easy to see yourself as "Cured" or no longer an alcoholic.

Ha, bullshit!!!

I am an alki and will be for the rest of my life. It will continue to drift away but the problem will still exist and the traps will continue to appear. I have to remain aware of that, I can, in no way, allow myself to forget that.

I bought some cans of coke today and when I got home they went straight into the fridge. I'm looking forward to one, nicely chilled.

The strongest I drink now.

No comments:

Post a Comment