Sunday 1 January 2012

A Happy New Year to All

Firstly, I would like to wish everyone a good, sober New Year. I had a lovely, quiet New Year's Eve this time around, possibly because I chose to play with my computer while drinking Earl Grey tea throughout the evening and going to bed at about nine-thirty. What a boring old fart, eh. It worked for me though, as I live on my own and can therefore do what suits me.

It looks like Lerwick, here in Shetland, had a good New Year too, the Up Helly Aa squad keeping the fires going, good on them!!!

I hope that the year ahead, for me can remain sober as the drink and I just do not get on. I will be an alcoholic until the day that I die and there is only one way for me to deal with that - drink tea, good and strong and sweet, perfect. And remember, you're always welcome for a cuppa!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment