Tuesday 16 August 2011

Alcohol-free for fifty-eight days

At this point I have been free from alcohol for fifty-eight and three-quarter days and I feel pretty good about it too. I have to be careful though, if I feel too good then it's easy to trip myself up and then I will end up back in the shit again. That means that I must remain aware of reality and where the traps are for me to avoid.

For instance, today I got the bus into town so that I could pop into uni and deal with restarting this year. Once that was dealt with I did the shopping and cancelled starvation for the week. Now I am in the library and will be here for three hours or so, waiting until it's time for the bus to take me home. This has been a difficult time in the past. The three hours that I have to spend here can be a long three hours and it is easy to promise yourself a cup of coffee or a can of coke and a chat with your friends in the pub and I do have to do that sometimes if I want a chat with my friends but sometimes, well sometimes it's more trouble than it's worth.

In a couple of hours I'll see how I feel, whether it would be a good idea to go for a soft drink - I might go for it, I might not, we'll see. I might just take a stroll down to the harbour and gaze out to sea, enjoy the sun and top up the suntan that I don't have.

Whatever I do, I will not drink alcohol.

Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment