Sunday 21 August 2011

It's a beautiful sunny Sunday

Today it's a beautiful sunny Sunday, calm and warm and perfect for a short walk along to the hotel for a couple of pints in the garden outside. Personally, I think that I'll skip it today.

Today is one of those days that, if offered alcoholic drink, I'd dive in. These days come and go and it's no big deal. When it's like this then I just steer away from hotels, bars, whatever. If I were in town at the moment then I would go to the cafe for a coffee and a bacon roll.

Sometimes I do go to the alcohol shop - and I happily drink coke or coffee, whatever I fancy but I do my best to keep away from the demon drink because when I go that way then I'm in the shit.

Just noticed that in about one and a quarter hours I'll have been off the drink for sixty-four days. Takes a lot of tea to fill up that length of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment