Monday 25 July 2011

Alcohol and drug clinic

Tomorrow I have an appointment at the Alcohol and drug clinic in town. It is something that I do appreciate because it gives me the chance to think out loud. I didn't go last week as Gill, the girl dealing with me was not available for whatever reason. She may have been on holiday but she sent no postcard!!!

That's five weeks that I've been free of alcohol and I feel good about it. I nearly said "free of drink" and a lot of people do put it that way but for me it's wrong, in fact it's stupid. I have not attempted to be free of drink at any time. If I stayed free of drink then I would die of thirst. Possibly sounds stupid but that is the way that I look at it.

And the best thing about going into town - I have breakfast at the Harbour Cafe. Absolute paradise!!!

They don't sell alcohol either. 

No comments:

Post a Comment