Friday 15 July 2011

Putting the counter in

Today I have spent a couple of minutes putting the counter in at the top there. It keeps the truth in my mind. It means that, despite what I may choose to believe, despite what I may try to believe, the truth is up there for all to read. At present I have had no alcohol for nearly twenty-seven days.

If I'm right then that time will slowly stretch out, it will get longer and longer since I last fell by the wayside - guttered.

The longer that time becomes then the more comfortable life will become. Having said that, I must remember how long I was off the drink for before - thirteen months. Thirteen months and I fell on my own face.

Lesson learnt. The longer it gets, the easier it gets.

But I'm still an alcoholic.

Always will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment