Friday 22 July 2011

I went to the pub


Yesterday was a difficult day. A friend, an elderly chap, had asked me to come around and sort his computer. I was only to happy to do that but it is an all-day event as I live a good few miles out of town and there are not too many buses.

I got into town at the back of eleven and dealt with his computer and and had a chat with him before taking the opportunity to pop around to the library. Then the problem arose.

There were two things on offer to take up the time left before the bus would pick me up and whisk me off home. I could go for a cup of coffee - or I could go to the pub.

In the end, after spending long enough considering my options, I went to the pub - and had a cup of coffee. I felt that was a good decision and still do. I find the pub to be a very social place and if I stay away then they forget who I am, I forget them and my social life is non-existant. Because of that I think it is fair to say that I have to be able to live with alcohol around me. I just have to drink something else.

There will be times when it's difficult to stay away from the alcohol when it's behind the bar, looking so attractive, so tasty.

But - I am an alcoholic.

Just milk please, I no longer take sugar.

No comments:

Post a Comment