Tuesday 12 July 2011

Going to the pub

This morning I went to the Alcohol Clinic (if that's what you call it???) and had a chat with Gill, she makes a grand cup of coffee so I'll be back in a fortnight to see her again!!!

I do find it beneficial as it gives me time to think through my problem, to talk it through with someone who understands the problems that alcohol so easily causes. Something should possibly be done about that because alcohol is addictive and I wonder how many people, just moving into adulthood, actually realise that. If I had been better informed at that age would it have made a difference, would it have made the right difference? In my case I doubt it as my problem was, I believe, linked to depression. That is not true of everyone that becomes addicted to it, becomes an alcoholic.

After leaving the clinic for the alki's (Haha) I went for a quick lunch and then on to the British Legion to meet a friend. I had spoken to Gill about it as it has to be something that I can do, I need the skill of visiting a pub and drinking coke or coffee, whatever, as it plays a large part of my social life. If I can't go to the pub without drinking alcohol then I'm beaten. The coffee was fine though.

I will not be beaten......... and I won't drink alcohol.

I've learnt my lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment