Monday 18 July 2011

Lunchtime

During my lunch today the thoughts came by. Lunch was plain and simple, pie and beans and I enjoyed it but - but I also had a great desire for a drink. Not a soft drink or a drink of tea, oh no, nothing like that. No, I wanted a drink of alcohol, any flavour would do.

But the answer was "No", in reality it had to be because let's face it, one drink will lead to another and ano........

Sometimes it's difficult because having a drink, in the bar with your friends is a perfectly natural-sounding thing to do. Having a can with a meal is hardly outrageous, is it.

I'm afraid it is for me. I have to be honest with myself and accept the truth - if I have one then I will either drink my pocket dry or pass out, whichever comes first.

Therefore, I do not drink alcohol.

Can I hear the kettle boiling?

No comments:

Post a Comment