Wednesday 20 July 2011

No drink today thanks

I'm still off the drink. I haven't slipped up, fallen by the wayside or made a fool of myself again. That makes a big, big difference to me. It means that I'm on target, heading towards a sober, alcohol-free life. That has got to be good.

It is made greatly easier by being involved with Bright Eye , which makes life an awful lot easier for me. I spend a lot of time on the forum which keeps in mind just what alcohol means to me.

I have in the past been to Alcoholics Anonymous, some years ago I must admit and I could never go back. It is a cult religion that entices you to come along and join in with them by telling you lies. They tell you that you can be of any religious belief or of no religious belief and be welcome. They do not tell you that they will inflict their own religion upon you. I left them because of that.

I do not believe in God - your God, their God, any God - but have no problem with anyone's belief, as long as it is not inflicted upon me, forced upon me, as to do that is wrong, entirely wrong. Alcoholics Anonymous  do that to you - or try to.

I will stay with Bright Eye and benefit from it but I will go nowhere near A.A ever again.

I cannot cope with alcohol.

I will not drink any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment