Wednesday 8 June 2011

Four days since the last drink of alcohol


It's now Wednesday, which I can proudly say makes it four days since the last drink of alcohol - and that will be the last drink of alcohol.


We're only halfway through the day though and it has not been all smooth though, not at all.


A hospital appointment meant that I was up first thing to catch the early bus that would get me into town so that I could get my skin dealt with and that was done and dusted without any problem. Then I always choose to get the next bus north, the problem being that it leaves half an hour after the pub opens. I sat at the bus station and waited.


The next problem is that the bus drops me off twelve miles from home so, as usual, I started walking with the thumb out, hoping for a lift. I actually got two lifts and was home really quickly so a round of applause for the two gentlemen that were kind enough to pick me up and take me up the road.


I'm going to spend a good bit of time cooking this afternoon, which is always an effective way of keeping me out of trouble and will stop starvation for a few days.


If there are any problems then I'll sit down at the computer and write all about it. Fingers crossed that I can stay quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment