Friday 17 June 2011

I've fallen by the wayside

Yesterday there was a good dose of depression hovering around and unfortunately this has a habit of leading me in the direction of alcohol. It did it again, it was the winner, not me. I had a couple of drinks in the pub while waiting for the bus to take me home.

Socially speaking, I didn't have too much. I didn't fall over, wet myself or pass out and I remained chatty and relatively friendly but on a personal level, well, on a personal level I had far too much. Personally, any alcohol is too much for me and by drinking any at all yesterday means that I've fallen by the wayside.

I drank a couple of tins of cider and a couple of whisky's, not enough to get me singing but certainly enough to disappoint me.

Today I will not fail myself.

Today I will remain alcohol-free regardless of how the day goes, regardless of how my heart feels.

Today, I will not drink alcohol.

Can't say that about tea or coffee though!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment