Friday 10 June 2011

Friday

It's Friday lunchtime and I've just been to the hospital for an appointment regarding problems with my skin. I was seen early, which was great but it leaves me with longer to wait for the bus home.

The bus that I'll get to take me up the road leaves at 17.10 this afternoon and it's now 13.15, four hours to wait. I am very glad that the library offers internet access, it gives me something to do, other than sitting in the pub, consumming alcohol all afternoon, which is a very large benefit for me (and my pocket).

The problem regarding alcoholism is getting further and further under control (again) and this time (just like every time before!!!) my intention is to stay off the drink until the day I keel over, on my way out for the last time, dying. If it is definately the trip out then I may ask for a wee dramn but I'll need to be pretty sure of myself because if I do that by mistake, or by excuse, then I'm on the road downhill again.

When I get home I'll have something to eat and, if the weather is good, I'll sit in the garden with the laptop. If the good weather is gone then I'll stay inside on the desktop. Either way I can not only sit and write but can also remain in contact with humanity as I know it.

That will keep me away from any drink-related problems.

I wish that alcohol had never made a pass at me, picked me up and kept me in such a crap relationship - lasting how many decades and wasting how much money?

These thoughts make me weep!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment