Thursday 9 June 2011

Moving forward

This morning I was up and out of bed bright and early because, again, I was on the early bus into town. There was no sign of a hangover which means that the tea that I drank last night did me no harm, even with two sugars!!!

I’m going to be in town for most of the day so I had better remember that I am no longer a practicing alcoholic – because I no longer take alcoholic drink. Admittedly it is sometimes appealing, perhaps a little more than just appealing – but it is nowhere near appealing enough to take part in again.

It better stay this way for life, as I do not want to take this route again. I must admit that the damage it has done is huge and I do not want to go any further towards rock-bottom.

Won’t be particularly easy to remain on target. I have found in the past that coming off alcohol leads to temper tantrums, tears, shakes and all the other pains but I know in my soul that I'm better off without any drink.


Neither tea nor coffee make me shake, sweat or weep. Alcohol is different. 

No comments:

Post a Comment