Tuesday 21 June 2011

Not always as easy as all that

I got out of hospital yesterday (and was delighted to leave) and have not had another seizure since. I have to live with the fact that the consumption of alcohol encourages me to suffer from more seizures than anything else.

That in itself is difficult because, as an alcoholic, it makes life hard to say the least. But it also puts the truth on the table.

I am not only an alcoholic, I am also an epileptic and there appears to be a link. If I get pissed then there is a great chance that I will suffer more seizures than I would if I remained sober. Staying sober does not get rid of the problem totally but it can possibly improve the situation.

Think that I'll have a cup of tea - and no alcohol - so if you see me shaking or sweating, please don't point.


No comments:

Post a Comment