Wednesday 22 June 2011

I'll cut the grass


Doesn't really matter what I said earlier, it's changed a bit - a big bit. I really could do with a bloody drink, for no other reason than the fact that I'm an alcoholic.

It's pathetic. I'm an adult with a mind of my own. Four years ago I gave up smoking. No problem, no fuss there but alcohol is a different ball game isn't it.

I'm not suffering the sweats that a lack of alcohol can so often inflict. I don't have a dose of the shakes either, again so often inflicted by a lack of alcohol. Mentally though, I need a drink.

The thoughts continue, they go round and round in the little mind and drive you to the pub or the off-licence, wherever.

I'll put the kettle on and try to keep my mind elsewhere. The grass needs cut.

I'll have a cuppa and get the lawnmower out.

Even I can't come to much harm with a lawnmower.

No comments:

Post a Comment