Tuesday 7 June 2011

I went to bed sober


I didn't give in last night.

I went to bed completely sober and got very little sleep but I did not give in. I lay there, sweating profusely and stuck it out, drinking no alcohol at all.

Then, I can't believe it but then, I slept in. I was about three and a half hours late in getting out of my bed but I am on the right track. I intend to stick it out, to do myself a favour and stop drinking alcohol totally. I don't suppose that it will be painless, it certainly hasn't been to date but you have to do the best that you can for yourself and if it hurts or causes problems then you just have to struggle on, in my case moaning and greeting incessantly.

I have spent so much time in the past, cutting down, giving up, farting around and making excuses for a quick pint or a large whisky, using often completely ridiculous excuses, believed by no-one but this time I have to stay on track, remain sober, alcohol-free, whatever you choose to call it, for the rest of my natural.

No regrets, no complaints, only the bright light of sobriety saving me, dragging me out of the shit that I have dug myself into.

I no longer drink alcohol.

No comments:

Post a Comment