Tuesday 28 June 2011

No alcohol consumed yesterday


No alcohol consumed yesterday, thankfully and no intentions of any today, or for the rest of my life for that matter.

Whether I'll manage that is a different story. I have stayed off the dirty drink for thirteen months before and the question is "Why after that length of time did I fall off the wagon" but I have no answer - well, no sensible answer anyway. I honestly do not know why, after that length of time, I should fall by the wayside.

Of course, there is only one answer. I'm an alcoholic and I always will be. There is little that can be done, as far as I know, to alter that situation. All that can be done is to ensure that the problem is kept under control.

It's not that difficult when the problem is kept in mind, when I stop it drifting away.

When it drifts then I drift - into the pub, the off-licence, wherever.

I will do my utter best not to drift, not to slip up - ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment